Swiss Center Shanghai at Xinzhuang Industry Park
- Non-profit joint venture between Fondation Swiss Centers and Xinzhuang Industry Park
- Under management of and owned in majority by Fondation Swiss Centers
From the very beginning, SCS has strived to establish a concept allowing SCS Member Companies to network and link up by commonalities and complementarities and to gather in a geographical proximity most suitable for Swiss Industrial SMEs.
Today, the good relations amongst SCS Member Companies, at Xinzuang Industry Park and all across China, provide a rich and flexible network for new Member Companies to start and develop faster on the Chinese and Asian markets.
The SCS business cluster can help entering SME’s to compete globally with better access to key information and specialized resources. The network mainly offers:
- direct contact with active SCS Members Companies
- first-hand information on practical business issues
- better understanding of the market and industry needs
- better understanding of ways to do business in China
- open channels to create name/brand awareness faster
- experienced support for any related activity in the industry
The SCS business cluster provides better vision for sound strategy, efficiency, faster development, better flow of information and cooperation with many potential partners.
Metro lines and Highways
At Shanghai Xinzhuang Industry Park, SCS enjoys a favourable situation and convenient transportation. In the southwest of downtown Shanghai, SCS stands only 18 km to People Square, the center of Shanghai.
Xinzhuang Interchange is a major transportation hub to the surrounding area. The state highways, such as State Highway No. 312, No. 318 and No. 320, lead directly to big cities across the country. Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway and Shanghai-Hangzhou Expressway are just within 15 and 5 minutes respectively.
Metro Line No. 1 departs from Xinzhuang and reaches the City center directly, with connection to Xin-ning light railway at Xinzhuang, which reaches a subway station very near the SCS building. (Click here to see the Shanghai Metro Map)
Airports and Cargo Wharfs
Besides, SCS also enjoys convenient transportation:
- 12 km to Hongqiao International Airport
- 35 km to Pudong International Airport
- 6 km to of Longwu Port Container Wharf (8 ten-thousand-tonnage berths)
- 7 km to Xinlonghua Cargo Marshal Station
There are more than 26 universities, colleges and scientific research institutes close to SCS, all providing high profile talents and experienced technicians.
In the town of Xinzhuang, a suburb of Shanghai, a large number of medium and unskilled workers, who cannot afford to live in the city center, can be called upon as well.